Friday 9 November 2012

3 to 2

chaos rhino

Yesterday night, Krüger and I had a very relaxed game of Warhammer 40K. Before we started, we drank a glass of cidre with my cousin Sven, who dropped in for an hour before leaving for the airport to catch his flight to Munich. He was on a 2-day business trip in Berlin, properly dressed up in a suit. It was good to see him.

Krüger and I played with 1000 points. Plague Marines versus Space Marines. We still use the 5th edition because at the moment I don't have the time to read the new rules. (I also don't have the money to buy more rule books. And it would be cleverer to save money for a new digital camera, I think.) The scenario turned out to be annihilation and spearhead.

I got my first point in turn 2 when my obliterators dropped into the game using their deep strike special rule and destroyed a whole unit of space marines, firing 3 plasma cannons at them. Krüger's captain survived and was able to kill my obliterators in an act of angry vengeance, giving Krüger his first point. In turn 3, one of my two units of plague marines wrecked Krüger's razorback. In turn 4, my other unit destroyed his dreadnought. The score was 3 to 1 by then, so I decided to play safe. I put my chaos lord and his unit back into their rhino and moved it away from enemy fire. The other unit of plague marines was more daring and attacked Krüger's remaining space marines, terminators and the angry captain. My unit was wiped out, but nevertheless I won the game. 3 to 2 for me.

I hope my cousin can bring his chaos space marines and stay a bit longer next time he comes to Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment